Johnson Matthey optimizes the technology and equipment to:
- Prepare, evaluate and characterize foil surfaces.
- Compose slurries with well-defined properties from high-performance catalyst or sorbent materials.
- Create unique coating sequences, methods and solutions which promote bonding.
- Determine the optimum method for coating prepared foil surfaces with those slurries in order to maximize performance and durability.
- Cover a wide range of part geometries.
- Evaluate the properties of bonds between coatings and foil as well as within the coating.
This leads to the creation of bonds between catalyst or sorbent materials and the foil, enabling the resulting product to survive high temperatures, thermal shock, mechanical vibration, fluid friction, catalytic reaction and moisture to maximize durability and performance of CATACELJM products.